This exercise slowly unfolded to me on a nice sunny day of Friday the 6th. The whole reason or meaning of this exercise will be explained bit by bit. There is a sure method in this ‘madness’.
- Take it slow, chances are the slowness as opposed to speed will make it more enjoyable.
- Focus on your steps, from your own shoe-clad feet, to the feel of the pavement, road or grass. take note of the textures and the way your feet approach the materials of the ground.
- As you go, breathe evenly as possible, but do not rush it and pay attention to what’s happening in the Present. Focus on breathing and walking
- As your breathe, your sense of smell will activate as well as the awareness of the minute changes of weather.
- As this continues, use your hearing to pay attention to the things happening around you and focus on sharpening and isolating every sound or noise.
- Use your sight to focus the origins of the scents and sounds, chances are, it’s just as interesting to see what’s happening.
- Use #4 to get an idea of what the scent might taste like. Often, things will taste as good (or bad) as they smell.